Let Me Sell Your Home2:15 PM
We all do it. We think our home is worth more than everyone else. We want the most bang for our buck because we updated the kitchen; redid the Master Bath; replaced the vinyl siding with hardiplank; and so on. The real value of your home comes down to buyer though. It's a tough pill for many to swallow.
When you sit down with your real estate agent, try very hard to listen to what they recommend. We've spent a good amount of time researching and studying the market for you, so you don't have to. I can't tell you how many times, my clients just hire me to list their home without letting me explain everything that is involved. They just want to hurry up and get it on the market.
Our relationship will be successful when we both listen. It is my job to fulfill your wants, but I can't do it by myself. I need your help.
Here's a different kind of checklist for my sellers:
1) Allow me to do my listing presentation
2) Listen to my listing presentation
3) Take the steps with me
4) Allow me to bring a professional photographer into your home. They take photos of homes all day long. They know what looks best.
5) Allow me to market the home in the best way possible.
6) Allow me to email and invite my colleagues into your home as much as possible
7) Allow me to stage your home- You might love that statue, but it might distract a buyer from noticing the amazing trim on your walls.
8) Allow me to recommend the best price for your home based on the ACTIVE homes in your market.
These 8 steps will provide for a much smoother experience and you will be able to move on and buy that next home.
Becky McNeer is brokered by Napier REALTORS® ERA® in #Midlothian, VA and is a licensed REALTOR® in #Richmond, VA with the Richmond Association of REALTORS®.