New Construction and REALTORs
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 | 7 Comments
You've done it! You've found the land, so now it's time to start building. You need to make sure you meet the builder and pick what is right for you. How do you know what is right for you? Ask some questions and make sure your REALTOR® is present.
It's critical to meet with your builder and make sure you are clear with all of your needs. Your builder is on your side. They want to construct the home exactly how you want it. They want you to be happy. If you don't ask the right questions, you might miss something. Your REALTOR® is there to be certain you don't forget anything.
Here are some sample questions that you might consider:
- How long will the construction process take? What is the turn around time for building permits?
- What size home will fit on this lot?
- Do you have sample floor plans for this lot?
- What are my allowances?
The right REALTOR® will support you and can communicate with the builder in case you can't. Find a REALTOR® who has experience in new construction. They know the whole process of building a home because they've been there before. When you are interviewing a REALTOR®, always ask if they have this kind of knowledge, especially when you plan to build.
- How many years have you been working in new construction?
- What types of problems have you faced and how have you resolved them?
If you stick with these suggestions, your homebuilding process will be a breeze.