Carpenter Bees8:18 AM
Have you ever seen a few bees hanging around your porch or house and wondered when they’ll go away? You can hear them working hard, but don’t know where they’re coming from? Look closer; they might be drilling holes in your house!
I received a call from one of my tenants the other day letting me know that these critters were all over the back porch. When I arrived, there was no mistaking them. They were coming from all directions.
They build their nests within these holes and can cause significant damage to the exterior of your home.
|Courtesy of www.ca.uky.edu|
Carpenter Bees are interesting. Did you know?
• Female carpenter bees do the most damage
• Male carpenter bees discover the source, but don’t cause the damage
• Male carpenter bees won’t sting
• Some carpenter bees look similar to bumble bees
• They’ll come back to the same place next year
• They hover
If you have any questions about carpenter bees, contact your local Bird, Bat and Bee experts!