It’s hard to believe Cinco de Mayo is next week! Here’s a great option for dinner. It’s easy and filling, and good for you too. I normally stay away from corn, but this Bon Appétit recipe convinced me. You can enjoy a festive meal and have plenty of time to celebrate with your family. You family won’t have any complaints.
What You Will Need:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 poblano chile, seeded and diced
1 (14 oz) can corn, drained
4-5 large tortillas
1 C taco sauce
2 tsp cumin
1 ½ tsp chili powder
Cilantro for garnish
What You Already Have
Shredded Mexican cheese blend
2 T olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 350˚. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat for 10 minutes, while preparing burrito filling.
2) Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add chile to skillet and cook over medium heat until softened.
3) Add chicken, chili powder and cumin and brown.
4) Stir in corn and taco sauce. Mix well and heat until chicken is cooked through.
5) Serve with tortillas, cheese, sour cream and cilantro.