Heaven on Earth Pasta8:03 AM
This is one of those dishes that you dream about the night after you eat it. It was absolutely positively heavenly. My husband’s words were “this stuff’s addictive. Well done.” I was thinking the same thing. I can’t take the credit because it was David Downie from Bon Appétit who came up with an excellent combination. We’ve all heard of melon and prosciutto, but never orange with prosciutto. This was delightful. The sweetness of the orange matched the saltiness of the prosciutto perfectly. Add some cream, cheese and pasta and Downie came up with a masterpiece. I made a few minor changes, but nothing too different. The dish is simple enough yet decadent. I promise you will agree. Try it! You’ll love it as much as we did.
What You Will Need:
|(I used olive oil instead of the butter last minute)|
2 oz prosciutto very thinly sliced, coarsely chopped
|(I'm loving my new camera)|
1 navel orange
|Can you tell?|
½ C heavy cream
½ C finely grated parmesan
½ box of whole wheat linguine
What You Already Have:
2 T olive oil
1) Cook pasta according to package directions, but remove about 2 minutes before completely cooked. Reserve ¼ C pasta water.
2) Drain in colander.
3) While pasta cooks, zest entire orange and reserve. Cut orange in half and squeeze juice into small bowl. Set aside.
4) Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet.
5) Add prosciutto and brown. (Don’t overdo it.)
6) Stir in pasta water, oj, cream and a pinch of zest. Bring to boil.
7) Add pasta and another pinch of zest. Stir to cover pasta in all the juices.
8) Gradually stir in parmesan so that it coats the pasta evenly.