Wheelie Good Pasta w/Sausage, Arugula and Grapes8:25 AM
This recipe is almost identical to “Wheelie” Good Pasta, but I used arugula, grapes and red onion in place of the broccoli and yellow onion. I saw this recipe in Self and thought it looked pretty tasty, only I simplified it even more. The other time I’ve incorporated grapes into a dish was in this chicken salad. It was incredible.
I trusted my instinct and went with it. The final result was beautiful and really yummy. I think I’ll use the sweet turkey sausage next time. It was a little too spicy for the kiddos.
Let me know what you think! Do you think I’m crazy adding fruit in dishes like this one or the Plum Chicken Kabobs? What are your thoughts on fruit with meat?
What You Will Need:
½ lb piccolini pasta, uncooked
2 C red, seedless grapes, halved
1 lb turkey sausage, casings removed
½ red onion, sliced
Parmesan cheese, grated
5 oz arugula, rinsed
What You Already Have:
Plate lined with paper towel
1) Cook sausage and crumble in large skillet. Transfer to plate lined with paper towel.
2) Bring water to boil in large pot. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in colander.
3) Add grapes and red onion to skillet. Cook until onions are transparent.
4) Transfer pasta back to pot. Mix in grapes and onion. Mix in arugula until it wilts.
5) Top with parmesan cheese mix again.
6) Serve.Article Source