Colorful Ricotta Cookies7:24 AM
When I make up my list for the grocery store each week, it’s based on the recipes I’m going to prepare along with some extra staples. Last week I bought ingredients for sandwiches, but I forgot the star of the show! Instead of going back to the store, I improvised. Ricotta happened to be leftover. I wanted to bake something special for the Oldest for finishing another “school” year, so I found this sweet recipe on www.allrecipes.com that used Ricotta. I didn’t change the recipe except for the way I presented the cookies in the end. Wow, you are going to love these!
What You Will Need:
15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
2 C sugar
4 C flour
2 T baking powder
1 C unsalted butter, softened
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
1 large bowl
3 medium bowls
4 cookie sheets
1) Preheat oven to 350˚.
2) Beat sugar and butter until well-mixed. Beat at a higher speed until fluffy.
3) Add eggs, vanilla and cheese and beat until well-mixed.
4) Mix flour, baking powder and salt together. Gradually add to butter mixture until all is gone.
5) Divide dough into 4 bowls.
6) Add desired amount of food coloring to each bowl and mix until dough is tint you want.
7) Drop dough onto cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with decorator’s sugar.
8) Bake two sheets at a time for 15 minutes or until cookies are fully baked.
9) Repeat until all dough is used.
10) Cool and serve.Article Source