We had to grill last night. The weather was too perfect not to. Tonight they’re calling for some major thunderstorms and the next few nights won’t be nearly as warm. I found some boneless pork chops on sale at Martin’s that were great size for all of us. Surely all of us would love mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and bread to go with pork chop steaks! I have to tell you, I think we’re all going to reek of garlic for the next two weeks because of last night’s dinner. There was garlic in the potatoes, on the pork chops and on the bread. My fingertips are beginning to look like cloves of garlic.
My husband and I agreed though… you can never have too much garlic, at least not in our house. When I suggested this sauce from Gourmet, he looked very happy.
What You Will Need:
1 lb center-cut boneless pork chops
2 garlic clove, chopped
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced
1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1/3 C olive oil
1 lb red-skinned potatoes
½ C parmesan cheese, grated
¼ C milk
2 T butter
1 10 oz pkg frozen broccoli
1) Preheat oven to 350˚ for the bread.
2) Add lime juice, cilantro, garlic, red pepper, salt and pepper to small bowl. Drizzle olive oil into mixture while whisking.
3) Set aside.
4) Prepare grill. Sprinkle pork chops with garlic salt and pepper. Grill pork chops.
5) Clean potatoes and cut into about 1 to 2 inch pieces.
6) Fill pot with water about halfway. Season with salt and bring to boil.
7) Add potatoes and cook until very tender, about 10 minutes depending on the size of pieces.
8) Drain and put back in pot. Add butter, garlic, cheese and milk to potatoes. Mash while still warm with large fork or anything heavy enough to mash.
(If you like smoother potatoes, you might transfer to blender.) Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
9) Heat broccoli and prepare bread to your liking.
(Note: Quick garlic bread: Slice bread, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. Heat for 10 mins.)
10) Transfer pork chops to plate. Drizzle with dressing. Serve with broccoli, potatoes and bread.